Travelling by car

From Toronto

Follow the Queen Elizabeth Way (QEW) toward Niagara. Once across the Garden City Skyway at St Catharines, take the Niagara-on-the-Lake exit, RR89 Glendale Ave. North (38b). At the traffic light at York Road, turn left onto York Rd, then right onto Airport Rd. At Regional Road 55 (Niagara Stone Rd) turn right and follow 55 until it ends at the golf course (Queen St). Turn right for Old Town and all four theatres.

From New York, Ohio or Pennsylvania

Cross the Niagara River into Canada at Buffalo (Peace Bridge), Niagara Falls, or Lewiston, NY. You can take the QEW to Regional Road 55 (exit 38) if you like, but we recommend the scenic Niagara Parkway instead. It may take a little longer, especially in the summer months, but it’s an incredibly beautiful drive – down the Niagara River gorge, past orchards and vineyards, right to the door of the Festival Theatre and the Old Town of Niagara-on-the-Lake.

From Michigan

Take highways 401 and 403 to Hamilton, Ontario (402, 401 and 403 if coming through Sarnia). Exit Hwy 403 to the Lincoln M. Alexander Pkwy, which becomes the Red Hill Valley Pkwy. Join the QEW and then follow directions from Toronto.

Line-ups at border crossings can cause delays, and traffic on the QEW from Toronto can sometimes be heavy. Please allow at least two hours for your drive from Toronto.

For border wait times, visit or contact the Niagara Falls Bridge Commission at 1.800.715.6722 (press option 2) for traffic conditions on bridges at Queenston – Lewiston, Niagara Falls and Buffalo – Fort Erie, Peace Bridge.

Traveler Identification Requirements for Land Border Crossings

Welcome to our cross-border region! To assist with your travel plans to our area, we are pleased to provide these details regarding the current travel identification requirements.

U.S. Visitors to Canada

Border requirements: visit or
For border wait times: or call 1.800.715.6722 (press 2).

Citizens of Other Countries

Must have a valid Passport (and may also require a Visitor’s Visa).

Traveling by air, bus or train

Visit our Transportation section for more information.