The Shaw Festival is committed to ensuring a professional work environment where all employees are treated equally with respect to all conditions of employment.
ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR, CORPORATE AND SPECIAL GIVING
The Shaw Festival, one of the largest repertory theatre companies in North America, located in historic Niagara-on-the-Lake, Ontario, is seeking an Associate Director, Corporate and Special Giving to join our dynamic Development team. The successful candidate is a member of a cross-functional team, working to develop innovative corporate and individual partnerships for the Shaw Festival. The incumbent’s responsibilities include all aspects of corporate development and will lead towards revenue growth and expansion of The Shaw’s corporate partnership program.
In addition, the incumbent will identify opportunities to engage individuals to support specialized projects and programs for the festival. The incumbent will identify, cultivate, solicit and activate corporate and individual prospects as well as provide ongoing relationship management of sponsors and donors. The position reports to the Director of Development and will preferably be based out of Niagara-on-the-Lake. Some evening/weekend hours and travel in Southern Ontario and USA, as required.
• Minimum 5 – 7 years major giving, corporate fundraising and sponsorship experience preferably within charitable organizations.
• Ability to confidently present in a compelling manner to a wide array of corporate and individual prospects.
• Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and consensus-building skills.
• Proven experience and success with soliciting corporate and individual support and fulfilling agreements.
• Excellent relationship building, management, networking and stewardship skills.
• Demonstrated computer proficiency working in an MS Office environment, including database management (Tessitura an asset).
• Enthusiastic self-starter who is able to function well in a cross-functional environment.
• CFRE designation is desired but not essential.
Interested candidates should submit their cover letter and resume for this exciting opportunity prior to March 27, 2015 at 5pm to:
Shaw Festival Theatre, Canada
10 Queen’s Parade
Niagara on the Lake, ON L0S 1J0
Attention: Director Human Resources
We thank all applicants in advance, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.