The Shaw Festival is committed to ensuring a professional work environment where all employees are treated equally with respect to all conditions of employment.
Database AnalystSeasonal Position – May through to the end of August 2015
The Shaw Festival located in Niagara-on-the-Lake, Ontario is seeking a Seasonal Database Analyst to join the team of our IT Department. The successful candidate must be self-motivated, able to multi-task, flexible and possess excellent inter-personal and organizational skills. This position reports to the Information Technology Director.
This position is responsible for providing database programming and data analysis assistance and support for all departments including Marketing, Sales, Development, Finance and Information Technology.
• Understands and documents how to fulfill internal department requests for reports and data
• Programs in SQL and report-writing tools such as SSRS and InfoMaker
• Experience with Microsoft SQL Server an advantage
• Develops and deploys database scripts and stored procedures to facilitate automation in the Tessitura environment
• Liase with internal employees and external vendors to assist in solving software issues
• Provide backup support for client hardware, LAN, wireless and WAN network administration
The ideal candidate will have completed or near completion of a Computer Science Degree or equivalent work experience in a related field. If you meet the requirements for the above position, please submit your cover letter and resume prior to April 29, 2015 to:
Director Human Resources
10 Queen’s Parade
Niagara on the Lake, On L0S 1J0
We thank all applicants in advance, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.