- What’s On & Tickets
- 2018 Season
- Festival Theatre
- Royal George Theatre
- Jackie Maxwell Studio Theatre
- Beyond the Stage
- Plan Your Visit
- Dramatic Getaways
- Support Us
Reports to: Senior Manager of Communications
About the Shaw Festival
Inspired by the spirit of Bernard Shaw, the Shaw Festival creates unforgettable theatrical encounters in any way we want. The Shaw Festival is a place where people who are curious about the world gather to share the unique experience of live theatre and real human encounters.
The Communications team is responsible for strategic media relations, social media engagement and public relations for the Shaw Festival. The Communications department implements proactive initiatives to ensure clear, consistent, and appropriate messaging for the Festival and organization at large. The department’s goal is to maintain a positive brand image while driving audiences to the Festival.
• Work with the Senior Manager of Communications to develop creative and engaging social media campaign strategies
• Develop, create, post and monitor content on the Shaw Festival’s social media channels
• Lead community management and social listening strategy to grow the Shaw Festival’s online community
• Deliver exceptional customer service and minimize issues by providing prompt and accurate responses to online queries
• Manage and develop relationships with social influencers
• Shoot and edit photographs and promotional videos
• Demonstrate thought leadership and stay up-to-date with social media trends and best practices
• Provide multi-platform analytic reports for internal stakeholders
• Oversee budget for promoted posts across social media platforms
• Work collaboratively with all departments to ensure the Shaw Festival is appropriately represented online
• Develop solid relationships with Artists and Artisans that allow The Shaw to best promote their work
• Additional duties as assigned
• Degree in public relations/communications from a college or university program or the equivalent relevant work experience
• 1-3 years of experience in a similar role
• A thorough knowledge of social media platforms including (but not limited to) Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube etc.
• A keen interest in communications strategy with an appreciation of theatre
• A self-starter and strong team player with the proven ability to design and create online content
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
• Strong organizational and interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively time manage in an environment with tight deadlines
• Exceptional attention to detail, strong research skills, and proven ability to work well under pressure
• Proficient in Microsoft office programs (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), Photoshop or Illustrator, and Premiere Pro
• A working knowledge of graphic design principles
• A valid driver’s licence and passport are essential
• Understanding of the Canadian Theatre Agreement is an asset
Interested candidates should submit their cover letter and resume prior to August 24, 2018 at 5pm to:
Attn: Director Human Resources
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
As one of the world’s leading theatre companies, The Shaw is dedicated to increasing diversity and inclusion in our audiences, our programs, and in all of our hiring for staff, artists, and recruiting of board members. The Shaw is committed to a future when our theatres are inclusive of all peoples, fully reflective of our diverse communities.
As such, the Shaw Festival is an equal opportunity employer committed to a barrier free recruitment and selection process.
In accordance with Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), please advise Human Resources if you require an accommodation throughout the recruitment process. We will be happy to assist.