As one of the world’s leading theatre companies and Niagara’s 20 largest employers, The Shaw is dedicated to an ongoing process of increasing diversity and inclusion in our audiences, our programs, and in all our hiring for staff, artists, and in the recruiting of board members. The Shaw is committed to a future when our theatres joyously draw on and include all peoples, fully reflective of the world around us. As such, the Shaw Festival is an equal opportunity employer committed to a barrier-free recruitment and selection process. We encourage and invite applications from applicants who identify as Indigenous, Black or as persons of colour (IBPOC), the LGBTQ2+ communities and those identifying as gender fluid. In accordance with Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), and in keeping with our wish to ensure a fully inclusive environment, please advise Human Resources if you require an accommodation throughout the recruitment process. We will be happy to assist.
We acknowledge and honour the land upon which we gather as the historic and traditional territory of First Nations peoples. In particular we recognize and thank the Neutral Nation, the Mississauga and the Haudenosaunee for their stewardship of these lands over millennia.
COVID Compliance Coordinator
Full-Time / Seasonal Position
Required June through to December 31, 2022
The Shaw Festival is currently recruiting a seasonal, full time COVID Compliance Coordinator to join our 2022 Season. Reporting to the Planning Director and the Producer, the incumbent is responsible for supporting our Ensemble of Artists and Staff to maintain high standards of COVID-19 Safety Protocols through; on-going testing, reviewing and updating protocols as required, ordering and maintaining testing materials and PPE supplies, collecting proof of vaccination documentation, database input, answering questions and offering guidance to our artists and staff. As time allows and as restrictions are lifted this person will also work as an assistant in the various departments of Creative Management, Production and Stage Management as required.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Possess knowledge regarding transmission of the virus, safety regulations, and be able to implement the necessary Shaw Festival protocols should an outbreak occur, including any testing of Staff as required
- Be familiar with live theatre practices and attend rehearsals as required
- Manage and conduct regular testing of ensemble of actors, musicians, creative teams and crew through established testing strategies and adjust and adapt strategies as required
- Establish isolation timings and releases with individuals who test COVID positive
- Manage stock of PPE and arrange for dispersal, ordering, delivering and processing payments
- Supervise part-time, on-call support staff for Testing days as required
- Research and disseminate latest updates and/or changes to restrictions from Federal, Provincial, Regional and Municipal
Government and Health Authorities and applicable Associations and Unions
- Attend Company Meetings and Senior Staff Meetings as required
- Provide updates to Senior Staff and managers as required
- Create and Maintain Records as required by the Shaw Festival, ie: vaccination mandate status, COVID database, RAT provincial paperwork
- Update and Revise Shaw Festival COVID Safety Plans in collaboration with Senior Management
- Work in partnership with all departments towards the well-being of our Ensemble and Staff
- Maintain confidential information and comply with all privacy laws and regulations, which apply to the collection, use and disclosure of personal information.
- Liaise with McMaster Health Labs staff and doctor
- Assist Creative Management, Production and Stage Management with Outdoor activities and events as related to performances and weather interruptions, as time allows
The ideal candidate will have Covid Coordination and theatre production experience. This is a person who is confident and empathetic, someone one with a sympathetic ear, maintains policy/protocol, operates with authority and most importantly has great communication skills. This position will act as a resource to all departments, the primary focus of which will be the Ensemble and the safety of all rehearsals and performances. This position will be required to work 35 hours per week, Tuesday – Saturday, some evening and weekend work may be required depending on protocol and testing requirements during potential outbreaks.
This position may be extended into the 2023 season as required by the ongoing nature of the pandemic.
Wage Rate: $21-$25.50/hr
Please note * all new hires must be fully vaccinated + booster prior to their start date.
If you meet the above requirements and find this position of interest, submit your cover letter and resume prior to May 17, 2022 at 5pm to:
Shaw Festival Theatre
Attention:Director Human Resources
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.