During your visit to the theatre, your well-being is top of mind. To that effect the Shaw Festival is committed to the following health and safety measures:
- During and between performances continued cleaning/disinfecting of high-touch surfaces in lobbies, washrooms, handrails, doorknobs, seat arms in the theatres, will be taking place.
- The use of electro-static disinfectant sprayers in public areas inside the buildings.
- Use of high-quality air filters in A/C and heating units.
- Increased presence of hand sanitizer stations throughout the theatres.
- Touchless washroom faucets.
- Automatic door openers.
- Touchless scanning of theatre tickets upon entrance.
- Face coverings will be required by all patrons, in conjunction with regional requirements and internal safety protocols.
- Patrons to observe physical distancing as best as possible and as directed by our Front of House team.
- Physical distancing in the theatre will be adjusted in response to, and as required by, Public Health.
- House programmes available for personal pick up before entering the theatre and also available online.
- For a period of time, we will serve beverages in single-use glassware.
- We recommend pre-ordering your beverages to reduce lines and crowding at intermission.
- We encourage electronic payment including for parking. Parking attendant will have a handheld debit/credit terminal.
- Assistive listening devices will be cleaned with minimum 70% isopropyl alcohol between uses.
- Plexiglas barriers at point-of-sale locations.
We require – for the safety of other patrons and our artists – that patrons who are unwell stay home and contact the Box Office to reschedule their visit to The Shaw. Exchange fees will be waived for all cases of illness. Please rest assured that the Shaw Festival also has the safety and well-being of its staff and artists at heart and has protocols in place to ensure this. All of our Retail, Front of House, Box Office and Food & Beverage staff will be wearing masks or face shields, as required by the local public authority.
Kindly ensure we have a valid email address for you on file so that we may communicate with you quickly and efficiently. This includes our pre-show email sent to you prior to your visit which may contain additional useful and important information.